Free shipping over € 149
Designed in 1928 by Marianne Brandt, the only woman to have worked in the Bauhaus Metallwerkstatt, and Helmut schulze, this is a wonderful example of an archetype in the search for simplicity in the industrial process of spinning and pressing metals.
German (1893-1983). She studied painting and sculpture in Weimar and was the only woman who took part in the Metallwerkstatt of the Bauhaus. Her objects are a splendid example of her research to simplify the industrial processes of spinning and printing.
He was born in Aken in 1903 and studied to become a mechanic. In 1926 he entered the Bauhaus Metallwerkstatt as a Lazlò Moholy-Nagy's student.It was here that he met M. Brandt with whom he collaborated to create vases, lamps and items in printed steel.